We kicked off the New Year with a lot of focus on goals. We are still a long way from achieving everything that we want to achieve in 2018, but we are well on our way (check out our 18 goals for 2018). Having a strategy is important to tackle any task at hand. So we set out and developed a 5 step plan to help you achieve your goals
1. Pick a goal setting technique or theme that you'll love and have fun with!
2. Find a good why? Why do I want to achieve a goal? Is it for just myself or also to help others? Making goals with a more meaningful why will help hold you more accountable and motivated towards working to achieve them.
3. Take action steps towards your goals. You need to have little steps along the way to keep you motivated and moving forward. It helps if they are SMART goals! SMART goals are goals that are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time Bound.
4. When working towards your goals try not to focus on reaching specific numbers. Instead, focus on the process. For example, don't fret over trying to reach a certain number on the scale, focus on what will get you there. This means fueling your body better and moving more! If you're finding some things just aren't working, adapt and adjust as necessary!
5. Track your progress towards your goals and celebrate your achievements along the way!
We use these 5 steps at Fitness Inspired! Its amazing to see the progress that people make each month! Try these at home or within our Fitness Inspired community. Comment below and share your successes with us(:
I am a passionate, adventure-seeking, fitness entrepreneur who loves having fun, my family and friends, a challenge, and creating a positive impact (to name a few :))!